mandag 23. mai 2016

Letter to the Editor of Health & Life Qatar

Cecilie Kamilla Kristensen
Dr Bryns Vei 5
3610 KONGSBERG
cecilie.kamilla@hotmail.no

23.05.2016

editor@health-n-life.com
Health & Life
Dubai

Dear Editor,

I have recently read your article in the 9th issue of Health & Life  called The No-Diet-Way, and I just wanted to say that this is the most useful article on healthy eating I've come across so far. It gave me a good perspective on diets and why they don't work out long-term. It is true that more an more people are trying the trend of "dieting", however as you mentioned it will not last, and might even harm your body.

Many people think that having a low fat diet, or high protein diet or very low calorie diets/meals replacement diets might help reduce weight and make them healthier. However, as written in your article, restricting certain food groups can cause nutrient deficiencies , which can lead to serious health problems. The body needs a variety of nutrients to achieve an obtain optimum health, and many diets require the elimination of essential nutrients.

Toward the end I enjoyed how instead of encouraging "dieting", you came up with the brilliant idea called the "no-diet dieting". It was very helpful that you added a list of things you can do to have a successful, long-term and healthy weight loss, without dieting. I believe that for me and many others, this will be something new and interesting to read and learn about, because in a world where so many people talk about dieting, it's hard to imagine that you can loose weight in any other way.

To conclude I would just like to say that the layout of your article was organized and easy to understand. The visuals, such as tables, fact boxes, listed items, bullet points, and the use of questions directed at the reader, kept me engaged throughout the entire article. It would be wonderful if you could continue to make articles on the topic of healthy eating, as I found this very interesting and would love to read more!

Sincerely
Cecilie Kamilla Kristensen





4 kommentarer:

  1. Could you include a link to the article (if it is online?) on your blog? I am interested in reading it!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. It is actually not on online, my parents bought it on a trip to Dubai and brought it back to Norway for me because they knew I would be very interested.

      Slett
  2. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.

    SvarSlett
  3. Great post, important to shed light on this, however my eyes can't help but seeing a mistake... Dubai is not in Qatar
    But otherwise good job

    SvarSlett